Introduction to Physical Computing
NSERC CREATE CREATE Collaborative Learning in Usability Experience (CLUE) Course Material
This introductory class is designed for anyone interested in prototyping hardware devices, with no prior programming experience needed. This class offers a hands-on experience with utilizing digital devices to interact with the physical environment. This course consists of topics under hardware control, interface control, sensor data manipulation, and serial communication to interact with external applications. The course is taught using Arduino hardware and Processing Software.
- Arduino v1.6+ : https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Processing v3.2+ : https://processing.org/download/?processing
- If you would like to purchase your own Arduino Sparkfun Inventors Kit: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12060
- For Carleton students, you can borrow Arduino kits in the Discovery Center at the Library.
- For Carleton School of Information Technology or CLUE students, you can borrow Arduino kits with Chris Clarke in AP232.
For further questions or information please email: