BigBlueButton is a synchronous learning tool that allows instructors and TAs to host live online classes, office hours or other meetings within their cuLearn course.
Its features include:
- a private room with audio, video, presentation and whiteboard capabilities allowing students to be fully engaged in the online environment
- user authentication so each course can have its own private and secure room accessible from within the course
- a recording feature that allows online courses to be automatically recorded and posted in cuLearn
In orer to use Big Blue Button we recommend that use a recent version of Chrome.
Here’s an introductory video that goes over some of the basics of using BigBlueButton as a student.
For further information, visit their website.
For further tutorial videos please click here
Frequently Asked Questions for BigBlueButton
- Why can’t others hear me in the voice conference?
If others in the voice conference don’t hear you when you speak, it’s likely that Flash has picked the wrong microphone on your computer. You can change this with the following steps:
- Right-click within the BigBlueButton client
- Choose “Settings…” from the flash pop-up menu
- Click the microphone icon
- Try choosing a different microphone from the drop-down list
- You see a volume indicator next to the drop down for choosing a microphone. Try selecting a different microphone.
- When you select the active microphone, you’ll immediately see activity in the volume indicator when you speak.
Close this Flash settings dialog and others in the voice conference should now hear you.