Instructors can use the Assignment activity in eCarleton to receive online or offline assignment submissions from students.
- Online Assignments allow students to submit any digital files through the eCarleton system. File types can include word-processed documents, pdfs, spreadsheets, images, or audio and video clips. Check with your instructor or the assignment instructions to find out the preferred file type for submission. In addition to, or instead of submitting a file, the instructor may require you to submit typed text directly using the text editor inside of eCarleton to submit your assignment.
- Offline Assignments require students to hand in a hard copy (paper version) of the assignment in person to the instructor. No digital file submissions are possible in this case. Your instructor may provide you with grades/feedback on the assignment within eCarleton if they have chosen this option.
Submitting a Digital File
- Click on the Assignment in eCarleton
- Click on the Add submission button. (See image.)
- Upload your document to the File submission box
NOTE: make sure the file finishes downloading before clicking Save changes
- Verify that the work you are submitting is your own by checking the box beside the verification statement: “This assignment is my own work, except where I have acknowledged the use of the works of other people.” (See image)
- If required by your instructor: Click the Submit Assignment button.NOTE: If your instructor has required you to click the submit assignment button, and you do not click the Submit Assignment button, your assignment will remain in draft form
- Click Save changes
Submitting Typed Text Using the Text Editor
Your instructor may allow you to type your assignment directly into the text editing window, in addition to, or rather than submitting a file. To submit an assignment using the text editor:
- Click on the Assignment. Read any instructions your professor has provided, and note the dates specified for the assignment
- Click Add Submission
- Type your assignment text directly into the text editor window.
- Verify that the work you are submitting is your own by checking the box beside the verification statement: “This assignment is my own work, except where I have acknowledged the use of the works of other people.“
- Click Save Changes when you are ready to submit