Shaking the Movers Model - A Brief Overview

Shaking the Movers Model - A Brief Overview

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

In her video, Hon. Landon Pearson explained the Shaking the Movers model as children being the "shakers" and adults being the "movers". The purpose behind this model is to address the key challenge of children not being heard. I found that, while reading through the article, the one main point that stuck out was that the focus was on children and youth being heard.  Earlier in this module, that was one of the important, if not the most important, challenge that children and youth faced. It's also good to note the duration of time spent on making sure their voices are heard. The model suggests 2 to 2.5 meeting days of "interactive encounters". This overcomes two challenges in one shot: the challenge of not being heard, and the challenge of participation (i.e., working together). 

From what I have read, there are no obvious gaps in the Shaking the Movers model. Of course, no model is perfect in every way. The Shaking the Movers model does seem a little bit over-ambitious, but nonetheless still worth attempting to implement.